Madrix Crashes on multiple SCE Screen Capture instances

This forum is assigned for bug reporting of Version 3.X. Please be as accurate as possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

reporter

Madrix Crashes on multiple SCE Screen Capture instances

Post by reporter »

I have an installation that requires me to overlay graphics from an external application, so I'm using the Screen Capture effect to overlay that onto may main effects.

I have frequent crashes of the app when I switch usually when I switch between effects quickly, but can also happen when simply activating an effects. I've seen this happen on several HP machines with integrated graphics, as well as one with a 2GB video card, and my Macbook Pro running VMWare.

It seems that if I enable logging to a file in Madrix it makes the crash much harder to reproduce

I've attached a log file as well as a screen capture of the crashed madrix. EDIT: I can't seem to add the logfile.

Thanks,
Attachments
Screen shot
Screen shot
Screenshot 2017-03-22 23.58.18.PNG (191.33 KiB) Viewed 38694 times
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Madrix Crashes on multiple SCE Screen Capture instances

Post by Guertler »

Hello reporter,
Can you please disable the Windows "Aero" style and try it again? The Windows "Aero" style often leads to problems and wast PC performance in case of screen capturing.
You can disable the "Aero" style in the settings of the MADRIX "SCE Screen Capture" effect. Under the following link you can learn more about the "Screen Capture" effect:
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/i ... pture.html
You can also send use the MADRIX setup and logfile to info[at]madrix[dot]com so we can analyse the problem a bit more in detail.
reporter

Re: Madrix Crashes on multiple SCE Screen Capture instances

Post by reporter »

I've disable Aero outside of Madrix, and the Screen Capture settings confirm that it's disabled.

And it still happens. Strangely I can't get it to crash when it is continously logging, but maybe that's because the logging slows down the system, or something.

I'll send an email separately with a patch and log file. If it change storage places in Storage Group 5, I can almost always make it crash.

Thanks,