Http remote problems

This forum is assigned for bug reporting. Be as much accurate as you are possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

milfriez

Http remote problems

Post by milfriez »

Main computer running Win7 64-bit. Madrix 2.14b

I have setup http remote. When i use the "call" function madrix remote shows up

Trying to setup remote using Ipad. When trying to access remote page, ipad never connects.

Have verified all settings, but still will not show remote page.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Http remote problems

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!

Can you please describe how you have set everything up?
(connection, IP adresses, other settings, etc.)

Thank you very much!
milfriez

Post by milfriez »

MAIN
Laptop running win7 -64 bit, Madrix 2.14b
IP address 192.168.2.200
Subnet 255.255.0.0
Router/Gateway 192.168.2.1
Windows firewall disabled, not on homegroup - connection sharing enabled

REMOTE
Ipad 2 - iOS 6
DHCP enabled
IP address 192.168.2.202
Subnet 255.255.0.0.
Router/Gateway 192.168.2.1
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Thank you!

Can you please double-check the settings of your router? Please check if there is a setting similar to "Allow WiFi devices to communicate with each other".

Also, was the Subnet mask set up by your router? It is a somewhat unusual Subnet mask and maybe your router has a different one?

In MADRIX, you can double-check the Logfile for any HTTP related messages or errors.

Thanks.
milfriez

Post by milfriez »

I have also tried setting this up as an ad-hoc network, in which there is not a router.

It is a private network setup between 2 computers, the main laptop is essentially the "router" while the ipad is the client and has an IP assigned to it.

Both scenarios it does not work. The client (ipad) receives an IP address from the main laptop, but is not able to connect to the page published by madrix on the laptop.

Having access to the router is not always feasible as this is a portable setup, and not every location has a wireless router that I am able to connect to, so setting up an Ad-hoc network is imperative.

I must point out that I did have this working at one point in time. There was the update to 2.14b and also some windows updates, and then after that I seem to be not able to connect again. I have retried and recreated all connections, without luck.

Where is the log file located?
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

You can find it in the menu Tools > Logfile.
milfriez

Post by milfriez »

At this point I'm completely baffled. I literally spent over 2 hours trying to figure this out last Saturday night. Nothing i tried was working.

Now, I turned it on, with exact same settings, and it works perfectly fine. I don't understand it. I even went and made changes, rebooted everything, both Ipad and Laptop. Started it back up, and it's working again.

The only piece of the puzzle I dont have is plugging the ethernet cable into the back of the laptop to simulate the DVI connection. I'm not sure if that is playing a role in it or not. I will have to check and see this weekend sometime hopefully. I'll keep you posted.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Thank you for your report!

I am quite sure that it has something to do with the Ethernet connection. Windows has an internal ranking of which network connection to choose first/to prioritize. I will try to research it to find out more information. maybe you want to do the same.
milfriez

Post by milfriez »

Was testing this once again, and I believe the issue happens after I have plugged the receiver box of the led screen into the ethernet port on the laptop. I'm not exactly sure what is happening, but it seems that maybe the wired ethernet and wireless are fighting each other for what IP address to publish the http remote page to.

Have you gotten this to work in a Win 7 x64 environment with both wireless and a wired ethernet connection hooked up?

If so, what steps do you take in order to make it be able to see the screen?

thanks, brad
milfriez

Post by milfriez »

Okay, I believe i was able to solve the situation. I am still not clear on why it was not connecting on port 80, I will need to do more research on that. It appears though, that if I set the port number to a higher number (i used 2725) and then went to the url via IPaddress:2725 it was able to bring up the touch screen controls on the Ipad. I was not using a router, so I know it wasn't a port blocked on the router. Also, I had windows firewall disabled, so it wasn't that. I was running an Ad-hoc network with only my laptop, and an ipad. But for now, it seems that changing the port from 80 to 2725 seems to have solved the issue. I'll post more if I figure anything further out.