Re: loopMIDI

nmohanlighting

Post by nmohanlighting »

I want use Sunlite suite2 software with one laptop and Madrix software with another laptop. To Tigger Madrix cues with Sunlite suite2 software through loopMIDI (midi time code), how to connect these two laptops. If both Sunlite & Madrix are in one laptop, it works ok, but I want use 2 independent laptop. please help me.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello nmohanlighting,

When you want to send MIDI Time Code from one PC to another one, you can't use the MIDI Loop virtual MIDI diver. In that case you have to send the MIDI Time Code via MIDI interface from one PC and receive it on the other one via MIDI interface.

There are also some MIDI via Ethernet available on the market. Please have a look to the internet and you will find some solutions.
nmohanlighting

Post by nmohanlighting »

I agree with you sir, I have Akai LPD 8 midi controller with me. Is this midi controller will help me? if this controller can help please help me how configure?

thank you

kind regards
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Please note that the Akai LPD 8 is a MIDI controller and not a MIDI interface. This controller cannot be used to send and receive MIDI Time Code.

Thank you.