Using DVI & DMX pixels together

RockitFX

Using DVI & DMX pixels together

Post by RockitFX »

Hi,

I am working on a project that will combine several low-res video panels (DVI) with several pixel bars (DMX). I know it's possible to use both together, but as I've never done it before I'm not sure how to set everything up. I'm also curious how Madrix counts the pixels when using both output types, as there are clearly more voxels available when using DVI than when using DMX. Thanks!
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Using DVI & DMX pixels together

Post by Guertler »

Hello RockitFX,

When you want to work with DMX and DVI fixtures togehter in one patch, you can easily add the desired DMX and DVI fixtures to the desired positions with the help of MADRIX "Fixture Editor" to the current patch and MADRIX will output the data to this fixtures.

Of course the DMX address must be correct. In case of the DVI fixtures it could be you have also to create a so called DVI Map.
Under the following link you can learn more about the DVI Mapping and the work with DVI fixtures in MADRIX:
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/i ... patch.html

MADRIX will always unlock the amount of DVI pixels and DMX Universes according to the connected MADRIX 5 KEY. That means you can patch both groups of fixtures (DMX and DVI) until you reach the limit of the license for each group individually.